Powered By Blogger

Monday, February 14, 2011

Time Evolves Us.... Happy Birthday Marty

The past year has been an enlightening experience. I have met up with old friends that I haven't seen in years, Met new people, Moved along one more year in age which makes you think and/or appreciate the life around you. However I would have to admit the biggest impact on my life this past year was the loss of one of those people who impacted your life in ways beyond what you dreamed people could. Marty Ahrnes was one of those people. It has been 3 months since Marty has left us on November 14th 2010. Time keeps moving along whether we are aware or not. I had the pleasure to spend quite some time Marty last year and I wish I didn't take some of that time for granted. What I became aware of lately, is during this time last year we were spending so much time out of Friendship, Compassion, and Love for him we never gave too much thought of the future. If you would have asked me then, I do think I would have talked about the possibility of Marty passing but, I may have talked about recovery and/or long term convalescing. As it happened Marty did pass and our time was then looking at the immediate need to do whatever was asked in the arrangements that had to be made for his memorial service. Being surrounded by those who loved him was actually quite comforting. Now that some time has gone by, you are hit like a big truck by the void that is in your life. Sometimes just sitting alone I wonder what I should do with the extra time, that is when I miss him the most. Fortunately, I have been able to spend time between work and getting involved with his family. I enjoy talking to the girls and doing some things around their house. This is therapy for me. I just wish it were easier to do more. Nothing would make me happier that to see his family happy and taken care of. (Marty I will keep my promise) The other day we were able to get together with his mother and spending some time with her in a different setting was nice. Having her tell us know how much she appreciated what we had done, even though I didn't think I was sacrificing anything being with Marty. I did it because he was my friend. I hope in the future I can only do more. Lately I have been trying to get in better shape to go hiking on the Appalachian trail this June. Exercising regularly, as of today I have dropped 70 plus lbs. This hike trip came about because this was something I was told Marty always wanted to do, so in retrospect I have Marty to thank for the more fit me. In two weeks (February 28) it would have been his 49th birthday. So Happy Birthday my friend, you ARE truly missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment